I use the same base Bran Muffin recipe ALL THE TIME. It is the best I’ve ever found.
I change up the recipe slightly almost every time I make it, sometimes I add cinnamon, sometimes a banana, other fruit, nuts, etc. I add apple butter, change up the amounts of liquid or dairy. It is really extremely versatile. You could use a variety of flours, spices, or even liquids. The important part is the relative proportions.
Anyway, I wanted to make some muffins for Stephen before he left today so the recipe below is the variation I used. I didn’t try them but I’ve never made a bad batch of these muffins, no matter the changes I make (they’re always reasonable!). And they smelled incredible. Sometimes I want to bake muffins just so the house smells cozy.
Blueberry Bran Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1/2 Stick Salted Butter, Melted
- 3/4 Cup 0 Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Light or Dark)
- 1/4 – 1/3 Cup 2% Milk, hot
- 1/4 Cup Dried Blueberries
- 1 1/2 Cups Bran (Oat or Wheat – I usually use half and half, depends what I’m looking for)
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt (1 Tsp if using unsalted butter)